Submit your review
Would not recommend if you are looking for a quiet ocean front balcony. I’m not looking for the Hilton but this is not the condo for those that enjoy sitting and hearing the ocean.
1: balcony is literally over the pool. There is a fountain on the pool that drowns out the ocean and if that doesn’t then all the kids and people playing music and drinking will!
2: no smoking inside or out. That was not posted on the website or in the rental agreement. Inside I get, but outside? This should have been made known.
3. Air conditioner could not keep it below 73 degrees. This made for hot nights when trying to sleep.
4. Furniture was incredibly uncomfortable. Only one end table beside the couch so you couldn’t sit your phone or anything beside you. The couch and two chairs were wore out and uncomfortable to sit in.
5. There are no drapes over the bedroom windows. Since the pool is right under the window it looked like a Christmas tree all night. If you like it to be dark when you sleep then forget it.
6. This may not be an issue to others however they decided to power wash the deck at 7 am on Friday morning. So much for sleeping in. Also the worker barricaded the deck so you had to walk around it to get back to our room. Not cool to have people take the long way around when you can’t see because there is no lighting.
7. On Friday morning the two condos on either side had deck chairs put out very early and this took up the entire beach I front of the condo. I get that is a service however I pay for beach front access so I can sit in front of the condo in the beach. Not walk a half a mile down the beach to find a spot. Be considerate of those that have paid for a location and don’t take up the entire shoreline with your rented chairs and umbrellas.
On a positive note it was right on the beach and the walk was super easy.
Hi Terrie, thanks for your review and happy to know you found the location and walk to the beach super easy! Please know the windows have blinds in the main bedroom, however, we have passed the feedback along to the homeowner for consideration. July 4th holiday is a very busy and popular time to visit the beach. We hope to see you back again soon!
Stay ever other year love the Harbor House Condos, Gulf Sand Rentals easy to use friendly staff. Even when you lock your keys in the condo. Will stay again.
Stayed here for a week in August and it was fantastic. Place was clean, roomy and had all the comforts of home. More than enough cookware for any kind of cooking you want to do (even a big pot for making a seafood boil). Great beach access and a nice grill. Everything was as described and the books and puzzles were a really nice touch! Communication was perfect from start to finish. Will definitely stay here on any future trips to Gulf Shores. Thanks for a wonderful stay!
Thanks for the wonderful review, you were the perfect guests and welcome back anytime!